About HSR / Corporate Social Responsibility
Over the years, HSR as an organisation has contributed positively to charity. We have provided leadership and advisory services to charities, civic organisations, and other non-profit organisations.
CSR is clearly spelled out in one of our missions, “As a responsible corporate citizen, we take pride in contributing towards the development of the community”.
MY HSR ELDERLY OUTREACH
‘My HSR Elderly Outreach,’ a vibrant outreach program was initiated by our company since 2003 for the elderly of the Toa Payoh Constituency.
There are some of our regular activities.
1. HSR Home Meal Service: On a weekly basis, we deliver meals to the needy families. Currently 15 families benefit from this service.
2. HSR Elderly Parties: Fortnightly, we ferry our elderly friends to HSR Building and minister to them socially, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Activities include wellness checks, educational talks, excursions, exercises, art and craft sessions, etc.
3. HSR Agape Ration Service:On a monthly basis, the selected needy families who are staying at Toa Payoh will come to HSR to collect rations. For the weak and semi mobile, we deliver the rations to their families. Currently 20 families benefit from this.
4. HSR Autumn Stars:We started a choir with our elderly friends to bring hope and joy to different charity and needy organisations. We have performed in different places, including IMH, Assisi Hospice, Singapore Leprosy Relief Association, and other organisations.
5. HSR Social Enterprise:We are currently working with our elderly friends to produce arts and craft that meet commercial standards to help them enhance their self esteem and enjoy themselves. We also provide part-time jobs for them where possible.
6. Junior Achievements:In addition, we collaborate with Junior Achievements to go to different schools to teach the students leadership, entrepreneurship, financial literacy, and other important soft skills.
7. Crisis Relief:We have also raised funds and offer different services for humanitarian causes. We have responded financially to support humanitarian work in response to natural crisis, including the Asian Tsunami, Pakistan earthquake, China earthquake and Myanmar cyclone. Haiti earthquake and the Japan Tsunami. Other services include donation drives for old clothing to send to Payatas (Philippines) to help the needy cope with the winter season.
All donations are sent directly to the designated charity organisations and projects wherever possible.
Should you wish to know more about HSR Charity Challenge and other projects, please call (65) 6559 8888 or fax us at (65) 6559 8889.